Sunday, March 20, 2011

To Shorten or Not to Shorten, & a Couple of Nice Little Surprises

I am going to have tons of great prom and formal wear over the next few weeks, thanks to a huge estate sale.  Many, many lovely pieces.  The first order of business for some of them is to shorten them.  Since at the moment, in addition to being photographer, webmaster, and the head of shipping and receiving, I am also head seamstress at The Bohemian Closet, I'd better get my scissors sharpened.

For some of the dresses, the decision to shorten or not shorten is a no-brainer, but I'd like some feedback on a couple.  Here's the first one:



It's a beautiful Scott McClintock 80s sleeveless prom dress with gorgeous lace bodice.  Floor length, black velvet, perfect for prom, wedding or party.  Can't decide - shorten it, don't shorten it?

As I wrote in my last blog entry, I am extremely pleased with my new model, Sarah, and with the results of our first photo shoot.  That is not to say that I had usable photos for every single one of the outfits we shot.  Imagine my delight when the universe smiled on us providing eager buyers for the two that I was most perplexed with.  I woke up yesterday morning to find that two of the outfits I planned to reshoot in our next session had sold.  So I can check that off my list, thank you very much!


Like I said, we have tons of great prom and formal wear coming, so you'll want to check back frequently over the next few weeks at The Bohemian Closet

No comments:

Post a Comment