Wednesday, March 16, 2011


Day 16
The past several days have flown by pretty much in a blur. Saturday was The Bohemian Closet's first model shoot, and we went through almost a hundred outfits. A marathon. And Sarah, our model, is already up on many of our listings.

I was extremely pleased with the photo session, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it affects sales. And the $60 photo studio rocks!

I've spent the days since editing and listing. Monday I stayed in my bathrobe all day, and drank a lot of coffee.  I'm used to working with PhotoShop, and am having to learn Gimp on the fly (that's the most popular open source photo editing package).  Took a little fiddling to figure out how to stitch photos together, create a unified look for all my listings, and get a banner on my display photos.  I could do it in my sleep now.

Lots of the photos were replacement shots for items that are already listed, but there were some new pieces as well. One was the gypsy boho skirt I bought with the original $50 rebate card. It will go up Thursday (St. Patrick's Day). So will the batwing keyhole back floral print 80s dress. Pictures below.








The update on my 30 day listing challenge with my $50 rebate card:
  • The Van Raalte slip sold for 14.50
  • The white sequin disco top for a disappointing 9.95 (the starting bid)
  • I am exchanging emails with a prospective buyer in the UK who is interested in the Jessica McClintock prom dress. If it sells, that will cover my electric bill
  • The Guess jeans have lots of lookers, 4 watchers, but no buyer yet
     
  You can check on my progress by visiting my store, The Bohemian Closet

No comments:

Post a Comment